Cognitive Behavioural Education's professional learning modules offer teachers a trauma informed lens into the classroom. Empowering teachers to develop strategies and resource to support the emotional, cognitive and psychological development of students.
3.5.2; 4.1.2; 4.3.2; 4.4.2;
Trauma Informed Education - A Lens into the Classroom Stages 6
Empowering teachers with resources and strategies to support students in the Stage 6 classroom.
Learning outcomes for participants for each module:
Module 1: What do we know? [Neurobiology]
1. Understand the reptilian, mammalian and thinking brain
2. Understanding ideal neurosequential development
3. Defining Trauma
Module 2: What do we see? [Behaviour]
1. Trauma related behaviours in ages 15-18 years
2. Using the B.E.S.T model for Analytical evaluation of Behaviour
3. Young person’s world view
4. Symptoms of pathological diagnosis or trauma related behaviours
Module 3: What do we do? [Intervention]
1. Neuroplasticity – What is neuroplasticity?
2. Behaviour related interventions for Young people
3. Child specific behavioural Interventions
4. Teacher based interventions
Module 4: What do we change? [Building Resources – Well-being / Safety]
1. Tools and resources
In the classroom
i. Development of classroom rating scale
ii. Progressive muscle relaxation for Young person.
In the child-teacher relationship
i. Building resilience through relationship
2. Ethics in working with Traumatized Young people.
3. Vicarious Trauma