Cognitive Behavioural Education's professional learning modules offer teachers a trauma informed lens into the classroom. Empowering teachers to develop strategies and resource to support the emotional, cognitive and psychological development of students.
Participants will be gaining a deep understanding of trauma informed practices in the classroom through:
Module 1: What do we know?[Neurobiology]
- Understand the reptilian, mammalian and thinking brain
- Hand model of the brain
- Understanding ideal neuro sequential development
- Effect of Attachment and attunement
- Input of the neurobiology and sensory processing
- The four lobes of the cerebral cortex
- Defining Trauma
- Evaluating the impact of trauma on the developing brain
- Adverse Childhood Experience (ACES) and impacts of trauma across the lifespan
Module 2: What do we see? [Behaviour]
- Trauma related behaviours in ages 4-7years
- Case study – Eve 6yrs old
- Trauma trigger recognition
- Behavioural presentation of Eve’s trauma
- Using the B.E.S.T model for Analytical evaluation of Behaviour
- Behaviour – what do we see/experience the child doing?
- Emotions – What is the child feeling?
- Safety – What are the presenting safety issues?
- Thoughts – What is the child thinking?
- Child’s world view
- View of self – Who am I?
- View of others – Who can I trust?
- View of the world/environment – Where do I fit/belong?
- Symptoms of pathological diagnosis or trauma related behaviours
- Analysis of diagnostic criteria of trauma and learning or social difficulties for children aged 4-7years
Module 3: What do we do? [Intervention]
- Neuroplasticity – What is neuroplasticity?
- How appropriate interventions can rewire the brain
- Youtube Video link
- Behaviour related interventions for early childhood
- What intervention shouldn’t look like? …restrictive practices
- What are the practices that we need to replace it with?
- Using the B.E.S.T model of behaviour analysis to develop individual therapeutic interventions
- Behavioural interventions – Case Study (Eve)
- Child specific behavioural Interventions
- How do we use Socratic questioning – engaging with the child to build curiosity or information
- Interventions to support social skills
- Teacher based interventions
- Emotional regulation and some tools of emotional regulation.
- The use of PACE in the classroom
- Co regulation and interactive repair
Module 4: What do we change? [Building Resources – Well-being / Safety]
Tools and resources
- a In the classroom
- - Development of classroom rating scale
- - Progressive muscle relaxation for children.
- b In the child-teacher relationship
- - Building resilience through relationship
- Ethics in working with Traumatised children.
- - Mandatory reporter responsibilities
- - Mandatory Reporter process
- - Supervision
- Vicarious Trauma
- What is vicarious trauma?
- How can Vicarious Trauma effect care givers
- Strategies for managing vicarious trauma.
Please Login to view Course